When I was engaged and looking for the perfect place to have my wedding, I found it really hard to find a place with the rustic flair I was looking for. After years of shooting weddings, I thought I would make a list of the top 10 rustic wedding venues in the Dayton area. There are of course other venues in our area, but I have found that these are among the most popular with brides who would like the country “rustic” feel. Feel free to add any other ideas you may have in the comments! Of course as a photographer my favorite venues are private family farms and destination weddings in the hills of Kentucky … but not everyone has a private farm or the ability to have destination weddings. So here it is… the best in the Dayton area! Hope this helps somebody out there!
– On a side note I would like to add that Cincinnati has some pretty amazing places too if you are able to travel there for your wedding. Perhaps a blog post to come in the future with those?!
1. Canyon Run Ranch – I have shot multiple times at this location and it is truly a magical place! This venue is more for the bride that doesn’t mind getting a little dirt on her dress walking a bit to a magical wedding in the woods. The rustic barn that sits a top a hill is one of the most rustic venues around Dayton, even though it is about a 40 min. drive from downtown. (pictured above) See more photos from this wedding by clicking HERE
2. The Birch House – This spot in Yellow Springs Ohio holds a special place in my heart. I was married here in September of 2012 and it couldn’t have been a more perfect venue. It can accommodate around 200 guests and they are very laid back at this venue. I was able to come set up the day before, as well as leave most of my decorations for pick-up the day after. The only downside to this venue is the catering must be brought in, as no cooking is allowed at this venue. We had an amazing caterer Christopher’s who could work around the restrictions and we hired a bus to take 2 trip of people back to a hotel. The house is simply amazing and the open air windows and rustic feel make this one of the best kept secret venues in the area. (pictured above) The best months for this venue are in the fall when the weather is more predictable and nice as most of the wedding here are held outside. Click HERE to see more photos from a wedding at this venue.
3. Canopy Creek Farms – Canopy Creek is a new venue in Miamisburg. This fantastic property has a lake, an area in the woods for a ceremony, as well as a huge barn for your reception. I love shooting at this new location and it is another great rustic option for weddings.
4. The Willow Tree – This venue is an amazing spot to have your wedding. This spot has it all! Barns, budding trees in the spring and fall, a field and lots of rustic locations for photos. Check this place out!
5. Simon Kenton Inn – A fantastic place for a rustic wedding in a rural area of Springfield. This place has it all!
This venue is in Fairborn Ohio, and includes full access to the upper barn area – a 2400 Sq. Ft historic German bank barn, and has two indoor restrooms for guests. best for fall or spring. Looks like a great option for a barn wedding!
8. Polen Farm – In the heart of Kettering, this venue has a great area for the bride and groom to get ready, in the historic house. The venue also offers a gazebo for ceremonies and a barn for receptions. A great place for photos as well!
9. Benham’s Grove – This venue is in downtown Centerville and has a great diversity of areas to take advantage of. A historic house makes a great area for the bride to get ready. You can choose a tented reception or a smaller reception in the barn! See more images from this wedding HERE
10. Cedar Spring Pavillion – This all outdoor venue has an amazing open air reception space as well as a few different areas to pick from for you ceremony. In Tipp City, this place isn’t too far, but still has the country element. To see more images from this wedding click HERE